The Center of Nanotechnology and Tissue Engineering- Photobiology and Photomedicine (CNET), is developing and testing new active drugs in the neoplastic diseases (cancer) based, in a new therapeutic modality involving the application of the Nanotechnology, photoprocess and tissue engineering in several fields of health.
· The combination of drugs with the action of the visible light it has been showing very good results in the in vitro studies, and in the clinical trial,
· In Nanotechnology studies has concentrate the attention in skin cancer, as well as new drug delivery system DDS for active molecules regard to the transport and biodistribution to treat different types of pathologies,
· In a new and emerging field as tissue engineer research line the group is acting in the construction of organs in the laboratory (as the 3D artificial skin, traquei esophagus) and in the studies involving steam cells.
· They were already submitted more than 17 patents requests of processes and products developed, with several drugs in preclinical and clinical studies, being now the research in clinical trial for skin cancer, treatment of immunocompromised patient and for topical systems to treat wound healing through tissue engineering procedures and photobiomodulation
· Besides new area of the science as dentistry (endodontics and periodontics), and diseases of the central nervous system CNS (as Parkinson, Alzheimer and glioma) are under study in the group.